Friday, November 11, 2011

The Magic of 11/11/11 11:11

     Do you believe in 11:11? Do you wish in the AM, PM, or both? What do you wish for? But most importantly, WHY do we wish on 11:11? The truth is, no one really knows where it originated from. AND today is 11/11/11!! This morning my choir was at a Veteran's day assembly and we were all anticipating 11:11 AM. Unfortunately the EXACT moment it turned 11:11 AM was right when our song began.

     We were all extremely disappointed and as far as our performance went from where I was standing, we didn't do very well. Fortunately, we still have tonight. In honor of it I will be writing a song about it because I admit, I am a believer in 11/11...


     SO...the "magic" behind 11:11. Love is apparently a huge thing with 11:11. According to abcnews.go.com, 46,000 weddings will take place today (11/11/11). Magical? It could be. However, I bet most of you reading this have wished for a special someone at 11:11. Don't deny it.

    Even though I am not sure why we wish at 11:11, I did attempt to research about it. I couldn't find any results that actually made sense to me. Some of the results said it was because it's a fact that coincidences happen with that number more than any other number. Another one said it was when a "higher being" or angel shows itself to humanity. I don't really get that one, if you do then awesome. One of my favorite ones that I found is that it is a tradition that reminds us of what's important. So personally, I believe that 11:11 has a different meaning for everyone that believes in 11:11.  

     Be sure not to miss 11:11 pm tonight! Happy wishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment