Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Country Strong

     The other day my dad and I were watching TV and this movie came on. It's a story about a rising star (Leighton Meester) working with a fallen star (Gwyneth Paltrow) on their way back up to fame. I usually hate country music but I HIGHLY recommend the soundtrack to this. My dad said this is the best movie he has seen since 8 Mile, so it has to be good, haha.

     It's a little strange seeing Leighton Meester sing with Cobra Starship and then go to country. Leighton is extremely talented and I would die to be as pretty as her. In the movie she sings a song called "The Words I Couldn't Say" and her performance is great. She also preforms with a guy named Garrett Hedlund, who before making the movie did not know how to sing or play guitar. During rehearsal, the producer would work with Garrett on how to sing and play the music he needed to know for the movie. Garrett did not let him down, his performance is just as phenomenal as Leighton's.

     Together Leighton and Garrett sing a song called "Give into Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment